Monday, June 7, 2010

We're Engaged!


Ahhh! We're engaged & we couldn't be more excited!
For those that are interested... here's the story.
Adam planned a wonderful trip to Chicago (he said he "needed a vacation" & wanted to "do something special for my birthday"). We stayed right downtown and had a great time exploring the city together. I had been to Chicago once before with friends... & missed everything about Adam while we were there. The Signature Room on top of the John Hancock Building has amazing views of the city. While I was up there I couldn't help but text him to let him know I'd been thinking about him. On our second night in Chicago, Adam took me back there. We enjoyed drinks and a wonderful dinner. It had been foggy all day, but the clouds cleared away and the sun came out just long enough for us to enjoy dinner while looking at the city and Lake Michigan. So perfect!

From there... the plan was to see Billy Elliot. I love musicals & I couldn't wait!! We had a few minutes before the show, so Adam suggested a quick walk through Millennium Park. As a directionally-challenged individual, I had no idea that the park was out of the way. We stopped on a bench in the garden to take a breather after the walk. Before I knew it, Adam was down on one knee with a beautiful ring in his hand, asking me to be his wife! I. Said. Yes! Of, course!
We rushed to the show from there (while I stopped strangers on the street to share our good news)! We made it to our seats {champagne in-hand} just in time. At intermission we called our families, took a breath, an enjoyed the rest of Billy Elliot (though I was distracted by my gorgeous new ring)! It was such an AMAZING NIGHT! Thank you, thank you, thank you to my wonderful fiance for all the thought he put into making the night special for us.


No comments:

Post a Comment